For surely I know the plans I have for you, says the Lord, plans for your welfare and not for harm, to give you a future with hope. —Jeremiah 29:11
Join women from all over Arkansas, Oklahoma, Louisiana, and Texas in Fort Worth at the Synod of the Sun Presbyterian Women’s Gathering on July 21-23, 2016, with our keynote speaker the Rev. Dr. Cynthia Rigby.
Conference registration is now open! Sign up today!
Lodging & Transportation Information
Participants must arrange for their own lodging and roommate. The Gathering partner hotels listed below provide breakfast and shuttles to the church. (Mention the Synod of the Sun Gathering for preferred rates.)
- Holiday Inn Express — $99
1111W Lancaster Ave, Fort Worth, TX 76102
To get the block rate, you can call 1-866-551-9747 and ask for the group by name, The Gathering for Synod of the Sun, or the group code GAT. You can also click on this link to make group-rate reservations online.
- Spring Hill Suites by Marriott — $115
3250 Lovell Avenue, Fort Worth, TX 76107
Other motels with lower prices are available on Interstate 30, which is within easy driving distance of the church.
Contact Mary Alice Harry, (817) 377-1802, ten.labolgcbsnull@yrrahme for assistance with transportation between the airport and your hotel.
In addition to attending the keynote addresses, all participants will be able to attend two large joint workshop sessions:
- Where Have We Been and Where Are We Going?
with Horizons Bible Study authors Rev. Judy Fletcher and Dr. Judy Siker
- Human Trafficking
with US-Mexico Border Mission Workers Omar and Amanda Craft
There will also be smaller sessions, listed below. You can select up to four Friday & Saturday workshops from the following:
- Engaging and Forming Disciples in a New Day – Rev. Michael Waschevski
- Global Mission Partnerships in Synod of the Sun (Cuba and Malawi) – Laura St. Clair and Rev. Debbie Chase
- Dreams, A Way to Listen to God – Rev. Lynne Lockett
- Hidden Women of the Reformation – Dr. Rose Niles
- Tripping into Grace: Finding Balance on the Camino de Santiago Pilgrimage in Spain – Rev. Debra Carl Freeman
- Doodle Art: Praying, Drawing, and Healing – Donna Phipps
- Presbyterian Women: Present and Future Directions – Susan Jackson Dowd
- Leaving Your Faith Legacy: Estate Planning with Purpose and Passion – Sherry Hester Kenney
- Interfaith Relations with our Muslim and Jewish Sisters – Sophia Said
As part of your registration, you are also invited to participate in one of the pre-Gathering workshops on Thursday:
- Your Treasure and Your Heart – Sherry Hester Kenney & the Presbyterian Foundation
- PW – What It’s All About – Joyce Batty & SOS CT Leadership Team Workshop
- PDA & PW are Partners, Come and See – Meg Scott Johnson